So you bricked your S4? But don’t worry, we can fix that if it is Soft Brick ( if you are able to enter into the Download mode if it is Soft Brick which can be done using Volume+Home+Power Buttons at the same time and if you can’t access any of your buttons then your phone is Hard Bricked which is useless and cannot be used again). You can continue reading if you confirm that your device is soft bricked. The process is simple. You need to download few files which can be found down below & we also made a tutorial for you guys, so that it can solve your problem.
You can follow our YouTube Channel for Video Tutorials
Things to do before starting the Process
- Make sure your phone has enough battery to avoid interruptions during installation, if you think it has less charge then keep it charged for while.
- Go to Sammobile website > head over to Firmwares > Search for you phone by typing Mobile Model number > Select your country & Android version example: Lollipop 5.0.1.
- Then Download the Rom and also Odin which can be found in the same page.
- Once the Software is downloaded, extract the File.
Note: You need to sign in for Sammobile which is for free in order to download the file.
Download Samsung kies and install them. This will install all necessary USB drivers of your phone. Once installed successfully close the App. Make sure it is not running in the background when you start unbricking process.
How to Unbrick/Unroot and also install Lollipop(or other OS)
- Extract Odin folder, if it is already extracted then install it as Administrator.
- Go to Download Mode on your Bricked Smartphone by pressing Volume+Home+Power Button at the same time and release the keys once you see the Warning message, press Volume Up to continue.
- Now connect USB cable to your phone.
- If the Samsung kies is installed properly, you can see that Id:com has been turned Blue in the Odin Window (Can be seen on Top left, watch video if you want a clear view)
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time is marked and rest of them are unmarked.
- Now select AP or PDA then Navigate or select the extracted ROM.
- It takes few secs to insert it in the odin.
- Sometimes Odin window says not ressponding but don’t worry and be patient it will work. Once ROM is inserted in Odin click Start on the Bottom.
- You process starts on both Odin and on your phone. Your phone reboots automatically after the process is finished and now you can remove USB cable.
- Now setup everything like a new phone and Boooom…you have successfully Solved your problem.
Note: After Completing the First boot setup go to recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same time and release the keys once you see the samsung logo. Now here clear cache partion and reboot your phone again. Finally everything will work in good condition.
If you find any difficulties or have any questions? Mention them in the comment section below, we would love to respond your questions.
Thanks for choosing our Site. Have a Great Day!